At Hughes Tax & Advisory, we are a boutique tax practice principally serving the needs of Irish businesses and entrepreneurs. Our blend of corporate and personal experience allows us to understand and address the needs of both the entrepreneur and also their companies, to deliver bespoke tax solutions.
Our service structure is designed to best support and complement our clients’ needs, fully appreciating that there is distinction between a business owner and their business.
For corporates, we are commercial tax advisors working with aspirational companies. Our approach focuses is on how best to minimising a company’s corporate tax charge and best avail of reliefs, always with the awareness of how the business will succeed, expand and potentially exit.
With private clients’, our approach is akin to a Family Office. We provide end to end support to both our clients and their succeeding generations. Our approach flows from strategic advice through practical implementation to overseeing ongoing compliance.
James has over 15 years’ experience as a tax advisor, most recently working as Tax Partner in Moore, a top 10 accounting practice. James earlier trained and progressed in a number of mid-tier and Big4 firms. James set up Hughes Tax & Advisory in 2021, a boutique tax practice. James decision and commercial rationale for establishing the practice coming from an ambition to deliver best in class service to clients’ and other advisors.
James specialises as a corporate tax advisor, and leads our corporate offering. His experience and transactions in recent times include:
- Lead tax advisor on a number of high-profile corporate sales
- Advising and implementing tax efficient corporate re-organisations
- Assisting tech companies with R&D tax credits, IP structuring and tax efficient financing
- Wealth, succession & pension planning for executives and SME owners
- Independent expert work
James often delivers CPD for various professional organisations, is a regular contributor to industry publications and sits on the Tax Administration Committee of the Irish Tax Institute.
Jackie has over 30 years experience as a private client tax advisor. Having trained and progressed in a number of mid-tier firms, Jackie set up her own practice in 2005 and has successfully grown and developed that business since.
Jackie specialises as a personal tax advisor and runs our private client offering, providing end to end advice, structuring and compliance to clients across Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Gift & Inheritance Taxes. Jackie’s experience and client portfolio in recent times includes:
- Medics and professionals, including pension and tax planning
- Wealth planning for high net worth individuals
- Inheritance tax planning, including non-resident / non-domiciled individuals
- Estate work, including supporting a number of legal firms on complex estate cases
- Expatriate taxes, both inbound and outbound